The churches of Christ Greet You (Romans 16:16)
Hello and welcome to the churches of Christ. We want to encourage you to study and worship with us whenever you have the opportunity (we have free Bible study courses available for you). Please take a minute to read the material below and learn more about who we are, what we do, and why.
We do not have any human creed book, but simply believe that Godís word is our authority.
The Bible is the inspired, complete, and perfect word of God (2 Timothy -17; 2 Peter 1:3).
If you ask us a Bible question, the Bible commands us to give you a Bible answer
(1 Thessalonians 5:21; 1 Peter 3:15; Romans 12:2).
The Bible tells us that we cannot add to or take from Godís written word
(Revelation 22:18-19; Deuteronomy 4:2; Galatians 1:8-9).
The Bible tells us that we will be judged based upon the Law of Christ (John ).
Thus, the Bible teaches us that the Law of Moses [Old Testament] is not binding today
(Colossians 2:14; Romans 7:1-6; Hebrews 9:15-17).
We do not practice any doctrines that are man-made; this would be a violation of Godís Law
(Galatians 1:10; Matthew 15:7-9).
The Bible speaks of ONLY ONE church
(Ephesians 4:4; Ephesians 1:22-23; Colossians 1:18; Matthew 16:18; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13).
The church is not the building, but the people (1 Corinthians ).
Notice why the churches of Christ is that one church spoken of in the Bible:
(1) It uses a Bible name (Romans ; Ephesians ).
(2) It was not formed by division and does not bear anyone elseís name (1 Corinthians -13).
(3) Christ is the founder and head (Matthew ; Colossians ).
We worship in Spirit and Truth (John ):
(1) Every first day of the week Lordís Supper (Acts 20:7; Matthew 26:26-30; 1 Corinthians -29).
(2) Every first day of the week we cheerfully give a contribution (1 Corinthians 16:1-2).
(3) Our preaching and teaching comes from the Bible (2 Timothy 4:2; Romans 1:16; Mark 16:15-16; Matt. 28:19).
(4) We pray (1 Thessalonians ).
(5) We sing without the accompaniment of a musical instrument realizing that only the heart is where the melody in New Testament worship is to be made (Ephesians 5:19; Colossians 3:16).
We believe what the Bible teaches relative to the plan of salvation:
(1) One must hear Godís word (Romans 10:14-17; Matthew 13:19; Matthew 28:19).
(2) One must believe that Gospel (Mark -16; Hebrews 11:6; John ; John ).
(3) One must repent of their sins (Luke 13:3, 5; Acts ; Acts 26:20; Acts ).
(4) One must confess that Christ is the Son of God (Acts ; Romans 10:10; Matthew 10:32-33).
(5) One must be baptized by immersion in water for the remission of sins. The Lord will then add that saved soul to His body - His Church, and you will receive the indwelling gift of Godís Spirit (Acts 2:38-47; Romans 6:1-6; Galatians 3:27; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; 1 Peter 3:20-21; Acts 8:12, Acts 22:16; 2 Corinthians 5:17; John 3:1-5).
All of the passages above are just the beginning of the truth. Christ said: ďAnd ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you freeĒ (John ). We hope and pray you will consider the things above. We urge you to study with us, that we may help you as Philip did the Eunuch (Acts -39). Please ask us to come and conduct an individual home Bible study with you!